May 25, 2008

Sweater Fever

I decided to have a weekend for myself and Memorial Day Weekend seemed like the perfect opportunity! Saturday was spent manning Cashmere Cottage Yarn. How can I say no to a chance to work for yarn?! I thought I would get a bunch done in the sweater department, but after working on it non-stop on the bus for the last few weeks I was a little burned out. I did manage to teach myself to use the niddy noddy! I've made it to the 2nd half of the hood - the home stretch! Once the hood is done it's time for blocking and assembling! YAY.

Clearly I'm sick of the sweater as I decided to stash some more sock yarn using my store credit. I'm thinking that Socketta will be really nice as it's 45% cotton, so I'm assuming it will be a little cooler than the nearly 100% wool guys I've done before. Can you find it in the stash? I didn't realize what it was like until I tried to put it in the drawer! Time to get busy on the stashed yarn, I guess!

Rounding out my personal weekend were going to the races in Ephrata last night and then watching my friend kayak near Dryden.



This morning, though, I sat on the couch and watched 4 hours of America's Next Top Model while knitting on the hood! After hardly knitting at all yesterday while working in a yarn store (what could be more inspiring?? Or maybe it's just really distracting) I kicked it into high gear this morning and was able to get from the middle of one side over to the end of the decreases on the other. It's knit as one piece starting at the left shoulder and working over the top to the right shoulder. I may be tired of knitting on the sweater, but I still love it! I think I'm just done looking at brown yarn. Can't wait for some little variegated socks!

No comments: