May 14, 2008

CraftyCougDates

Ok, I've been knitting on the bus, yes. But I've also been going out on dates! Here is what I saw on such an occasion yesterday:

Wedge Mountain and Leavenworth, WA.
It's difficult to see, but the branch on the near left pine tree just above the trees in town is pointing at Sleeping Lady Mountain Retreat (where I work) AND the Fisheries Resource Office (where Drew works).

And some flowers we picked along the way!
What is more adorable on a mountain date than a bouquet of flowers in your water bottle? Ranks right up there with wet grass and pine trees!

Lest you think I've gone all starry eyed, behold sheep!

The lambs aren't sure what to do with the collie, but Tess is very sweet and trains them with almost no nipping

Then we watched Sue spin for a few minutes. I'm still learning by osmosis at the moment, but maybe someday I'll learn to spin, too!

This is the yarn shop we went to in Ellensburg. I guess I should tell you what I was up to - on Monday I went with almost 50 other knitters around North Central Washington checkin' out fibers! We started at Cashmere Cottage Yarn, ate breakfast at the Anjou Bakery, then off to Fiber Trends, on to Ellensburg for the sheep farm, Dancing Ewe Yarns & Teas, & Dakota Cafe for lunch, and we finished our tour at Icicle Ridge Winery.

Here look at Ellensburg!

No comments: