March 30, 2008

Cabled Cardigan

I got it all figured out! The brown yarn from yesterday will become the Cabled Cardigan* from Spring 2007 Knit.1. Generally I didn't love the patterns in that issue and I bought it for the skirt pattern that after reading didn't like anyway. (You knit a tube and then sew ruffles onto it. I wanted to knit the ruffles, but didn't really feel like figuring all of that out) However, it's got a really cute cable, hooded cardi in it! And I've been looking for a good aran style sweater for a long time. And what better way to do it? 2 weeks anyone? Think I can do it? It will be a stretch for sure. The yarn isn't even dry yet. Yikes! I've got it in front of the heater, though, so hopefully I'll be able to get started tonight.
Oh, I looked at the MRSP on the original tag and it didn't say $58.00, it says $188.00!!!!!! I just tore up a nearly TWO HUNDRED DOLLAR sweater!! And it was brand new! The $58.00 tag was the "compare at" price on the Ross tag. I almost feel badly... but really what it means is I got a friggin' screamin' deal! Now I just need to re-knit it into a beautiful sweater.

*Sorry the link is from Ravelry... if you're not on there, I don't think you can see it. It was the only picture of the particular pattern I could find.

No comments: