March 14, 2008

Catch Up in a Big Way

I had a lot of fun in CA visiting family and going to Stitches. I managed to navigate San Jose's light rail system. As long as you're in the area where it operates it is fantastic, but I heard rumors that it's not all that great if you're away from the lines. Once I figured that out I rode BART, SF buses, and in a taxi. Got all the public transportation I could for one trip.
I visited my cousin in SF and we experienced as much of it as we could in the little time that I was there. This link should take you to Flickr and you can see CA pictures there.
I promised pictures of Stitches purchases, so here they are!
back left - Creative sock yarn "Luxury"
back right - Blue Moon sock yarn "Silkie" (Fairgrounds colorway)
front - Valley Yarns worsted "Colrain" from Webbs and got it for Snow White, but might make Yosemite instead since I'm pretty sure I can't live without it! Would Yosemite work in bright blue? It might have to...

And here is a completed Stitches kit. Purchased at Bella Knitting's booth. I almost died when I saw it - knew exactly where it was going and needed it IMMEDIATELY! Case in point why it's already done.

The argyle booties are done, too. And they are adorable! Thanks to mom for the pattern, even though I don't really like how it all goes together. I would make more booties, but I'd rather not have to crochet the bottom on.

Oh, and here is something that Grandma found while wandering the market... I must have been drooling over something because I didn't even noticed the free mini skeins of Malabrigo! I have no idea where she found them! Crazy, too, because I drool over Malabrigo possibly more than Blue Moon.

I also finally completed the quilt for Kikkan (pronounced Keekan), my fomer boss's new baby. It turned out great and she loved it! Well, actually she was screaming, but mom loved it!

I think this brings us up to date on my knitting life. Still nothing on the new place because it's too messy for pictures (STILL). I'm getting sick of it, but clearly not sick enough to do anything about it. Although I've started losing things due to constantly picking things up and setting them down someplace else (no not where they belong)... maybe that will motivate me to finish organizing soon. Incidentally, does anyone know where I could find an adjustable height coffee table - i.e. one that I could turn into a dining table? There is an antique style called Castro tables, but I've never actually seen one. My internet searching has turned up several articles on such a creature, but no insight as to where I could actually buy one.

No comments: