January 29, 2009

Winter is still here

How to tell if your skin is dry:
flaky skin
brittle nails
cracking lips
Excema
Kinda sounds like side effects of drugs advertised on TV! I only know they're not since I'm not taking any of them...

Causes:
dry winter air
heaters recirculating said dry air

Solutions:
drink lots of water
lotion
boil water or use a humidifier
become a Snowbird and move temporarily to Florida

It's been cold and dry and almost without snow for all of January. It's getting old! Someday it will be June!

2 comments:

Rachel @ Snail-Bait Killer Embroidery said...

It's soo dry here. It only gets "cold" at night, but it is warm during the days. However it looks like I am wearing a lip stain because my lips are soo chapped! Ouch :( I also freaking hate excema. Hate it! But I get it all the time. And another problem, I don't like wearing lotion, I feel greasy, dirty and gross, but lotion smells good...the dilema. *sigh* Even I want June!!!

Anonymous said...

(won't let me log in! it's rachel!) sounds like grandma is trying to make everyone feel bad. it's a long story. but yeah...don't feel guilty! When do you plan on coming down!? I have four day weekends and i am sure I can spare some hours! Just let me know so I can put it in my planner! haha things are getting busy quickly! haha. And yes i can make your boss a coffee monster! what colors??