April 16, 2008

It doesn't get any better

That's right, the best smell in the world is:
wet grass & pine trees
Mornings at work make me want to quit for the summer and work at camp again. It makes me so happy I could almost cry!

Being a left handed knitter is a challenge when making a cardigan. For me the left front is actually the right and vice versa. I'd really like for it to button properly, but the directions just say to space the buttonholes evenly. It recommends that you mark on the left front where you'll put the buttons then make buttonholes at those marks on the right front. Well, if I'm actually knitting the right front then I need to use my math brain to calculate where the buttonholes belong.
Do you know when I realized this?
After I'd already had 2 glasses of wine.
Fortunately 2 glasses of wine is not enough for me to make rash decisions. So I did the only thing that makes any sense when you can't knit because you've had too much wine, but you've still got enough sense left to realize that attempting to knit is a bad idea.
I had a third glass of wine.

2 comments:

Rachel @ Snail-Bait Killer Embroidery said...

haha Diana! I love that you drink wine when you knit because i drink wine and cross-stitching. my favorite hobby! :) haha we should get together next time you are down and have a crafting/wine party.

Rachel @ Snail-Bait Killer Embroidery said...

oh a swap would be fun! :) never done it before! i actually have an owl pattern very much like the racoon and i haven't made it yet! haha funny, but yeah whatever you want :)let me know!