How to maximize weaving in ends on a pair of socks in just 6 easy steps:
1. Begin by deciding to make socks with contrast yarn for the heels and toes. (btw, this is a great way to use up that little bit left from your last pair of socks)
2. Start knitting beginning at the toe.
3. Knit a few rows past the heel and admire your handiwork.
4. Decide said handiwork is not at all what you were after.
5. Start over.
6. Knit your pair of socks again using a pattern you like better.
By following these steps you will undoubtedly not line up your knitting the same way you did before and have many many more ends to weave in than your every day, one-yarn-throughout pair of socks. However, the final product is totally worth it!