December 30, 2007

Post Christmas

You'll never believe it. I'm knitting socks! I knitted up the green/black tofutsies using Cat Bordhi's Riverbend architecture. They turned out well, but a tiny bit big for me so I gave them to my SIL. I hope she likes them :)

Right now I've got these on the needles and I will be seriously annoyed if I manage to knit them too big for myself too!

They are tofutsies December yarn (called Winterberry); I am in love with the color, but the pattern had bobbles all over that I didn't really want to knit and they wouldn't work well inside my snow boots anyway. I might use it later, though as it is a really cute pattern. Instead I picked traveling vines since it's an 8-stitch repeat and fits perfectly around my leg.

Tonight instead of going out with friends I made chicken tetrezzini (sp?) from my new "Philadelphia Cream Cheese Classic Recipes" Cookbook. It was delicious and I'd be happy to make it again! I think in the future I'd add extra veggies as I don't do onions and forgot the mushrooms, so all it had was celery... still awesome, though!
After the chicken I baked some cookies! I also received the "Capitol Cookies" recipe leaflet, so baked the Washington cookies. They have chocolate and marshmallows. Yum!

But not all of them turned out so well...

Oops! ah well. More for me :)

Happy New Year!!

P.S. My cousin LOVED the purse & hat! She said she changed purses as soon as she opened it! Yay. Also, my mom and I stumped everyone with our gifts to relatives! No one could figure the purse out (didn't know about felting, he he!). Mom made a scarf by sewing yarn to wash-away stabilizer and then washing the stabilizer out. Go us; now we might have to keep it up... must plan for next Christmas now...

1 comment:

Deby said...

I love your socks so far. That cuff looks good on that pattern.
Your treats also look good.
Happy knitting!