November 18, 2008

Um, YUM!

Yes, this is more not-knitting. But it's delicious and worth showing off!

Crust:
2 crust for 10" pan from Betty Crocker's Old Fashioned Desserts book. I'm not one of those people that "uses their great great grandmother's recipe that she almost lost on the boat ride from Yorkshire." Instead I use whatever - sometimes I get it from one of my cookbooks, sometimes I get it from the internet. This one uses Crisco, but I've used butter before, too. I don't really have a preference (yet?) or a favorite recipe. I haven't even ruled any out as bad ones. So there.
Filling:
Apple Pie from the Betty Crocker Best Loved Recipes cookbook. Generally one would use tart apples like Granny Smiths, but all I had were Galas (or Fugis?) which are really sweet. So I burried them in sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. They aren't as crisp, but I can say that they don't taste bad.

It's getting all foggy and they say it will most likely rain tomorrow afternoon. Cross your fingers that it turns to snow very soon! Then I'll have a really good excuse to run the oven all the time :)

No comments: